For viEUws, Sonja van Renssen identifies five main environmental issues that will be examined by the European institutions during the Luxembourg EU presidency.
The Luxembourg EU presidency started in July 2015 and this second part of the year will be a major time for environment affairs at European level.
Five points can be highlighted:
- Road to COP21 in Paris in December
- Reform of EU Emission Trading Scheme (ETS)
- Circular economy proposals
- Air quality and the National Emission Ceilings (NEC) directive
- Post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals