The European project Training for Sustainable Food System Development - T4F aims to develop professional trainings based on the development of “green skills” in the food sector, in order to increase the number of jobs linked with an ecological, sustainable and inclusive transition.
Nowadays, the food issue represents a European and International challenge. The food system has a strong impact on the environment: it is the sector with the highest demand of water. A great part of the production is lost and transformed in wastes.
While the population is growing, the spending power of numerous citizens is reduced by the economic and social crisis, and in a context of climatic emergency implying a successful ecological transition and a smart, sustainable and inclusive growth, T4F wants to participate and support the transition as creating new jobs.
The T4F project has different goals
- Define a learning program.
- Develop a toolkit guide which will define the learning program and its goals.
- Create an assessment tool in order to collect and analyse the information to improve the learning of the students.
- Design interactive manuals to implement and disseminate our training.
- Spread information to participate to the dissemination of the knowledge on the future transformations in the professional food sector.
Supported by the European Commission as part of the Programme for education, training, youth and sport – ERASMUS +.
The target group includes those workers or VET-students, who are part of the food chain management, who intend to develop an expertise in implementing and promoting food value chains in their own working sectors, according with their professional specificities.
The partnership of T4F
- POUR LA SOLIDARITÉ – PLS (Belgium)
- DIESIS COOP (Belgium)
- Koan Consulting (Spain)
- Universitá della Cucina Mediterranea – UCMed (Italy)
- Fondazione Triulza (Italy)
- Escola Superior d’Hostaleria de Barcelona – ESHOB (Spain)
- FOR.E.T (Belgium)
T4F in short
- Schedule of the project: from the 1st of November 2017 to the 31st of October 2019.
- European benchmarking about sustainable food trainings.
- A "Midi de la Solidarité" in Brussels as an event on the theme of sustainable skills for the food sector and presenting the European benchmarking achieved.
- Development of a toolkit guide describing the program, its goals and the description of the learning material.
- 3 national events (Belgium, Spain, Italy) at the beginning of 2019 to present the project and information related to the activities.
- Final conference in Brussels in September 2019.